Really this post is just about me venting...so, thanks for listening.
Several weeks back I decided to try the "self-cleaning" function on my "fancy" KitchenAid oven. "Self-cleaning" is really just a way of saying the oven gets hot as ass and all the burnt on stuff turns to charcoal and then you can simply wipe it away. Sooooo, about an hour into the cycle the kids and I are in the family room just on the other side of the kitchen when suddenly...
KABOOM!!!! The inside glass on the oven door explodes and forces shards of glass to katapult from between the two ovens and through the entire kitchen!!!
Scares the absolute crap out of me and to this day I am so thankful that neither of the kids were in the kitchen at that moment as they would have ended up with glass lodged in their heads!
Here's the kicker, not only did KitchenAid not give a damn when we called them, they refused to replace the glass because according to them we are no longer under warranty!!! Never mind one of my kids could have been seriously injured!
So the moral of the story, screw KitchenAid Customer Support. As a former long time supporter of their products I will no longer be purchasing any more of their goods. For anyone else considering buying KitchenAid, dont. Here's what was left of my oven...
Vent over.
Thanks.
Wow - I can't believe that. I'm astounded something like that could happen - and more astounded that Kitchen Aid was so indifferent!! Glad everyone is safe!!
ReplyDeleteHow scary! So happy that you all are okay! And, Kitchen Aid...who knew? xoxo
ReplyDeleteHowever, the story ends well with Daddy spending 2 months and 300 tubes of super glue to get the oven back to normal condition. (IOW, $67 at an online store provided the replacement glass part. Please note this is approximately the equivalent of 20 cans of EZ-OFF... Perhaps I'm dating myself on the days before self-cleaning/exploding ovens.)
ReplyDelete