Friday, March 6, 2009

Back in D.C.

Clearly I'm behind on my blog posting because I'm writing about my trip to DC which actually occurred in the first week of Feb. To say its been a crazy month is an understatement. My company ended up laying off 15% of its workforce while I was back at the DC office, and it was really hard to see many friends and colleagues lose their jobs. While I was one of the lucky ones in terms of still having a job - I was put in a new position taking over a team with a scope of work that was previously done by 10 people, and is now being done by 4. As you can imagine this means I'm working some ridiculous hours given I only get paid to work 3 days per week. That said, I'm still very thankful to have a job and to be able to work from home, I just hope that things settle down a little again in the not too distant future as I don't think I was this exhausted even when I had a newborn in the house!

The up side of my trip to DC was catching up with good friends. It was so fun to hang out with the "Thursday night crew" again and I even got to enjoy a lovely meal out with just the ladies. I also got to catch up with my gorgeous friend Stef, which is always a blast. Unfortunately my work schedule didn't allow for me to see anyone else, however I'll do my best to make more rounds next time I'm in town. I meant to take a bunch of photos however I always seemed to get so distracted catching up that I only got to take one picture of the expanded Jeff family...

No comments:

Post a Comment