Saturday, March 21, 2009

Nightmares & Clapping

Admittedly odd milestones...however both were new to Anna and James respectively this week.

Anna is generally a great sleeper. She goes to bed between 7 and 7.30pm (as does James), and usually sleeps right through the night without interruption until ~7am. So we were quite surprised when she woke on Thursday night around midnight with a terrified cry. Given this was quite the anomaly I jumped up and ran to her room. Poor girl was kneeling up in her bed crying for Mummy by this time, and when I asked her what was wrong she said "My spider is hot"....at least I think that's what she said - there was definitely something about her spider in there! I have to admit I had to suppress a giggle. She promptly went back to sleep and didn't remember her 'spider dream' in the morning. In fact, in the morning she told me about her dream with 'Diego' (the Animal Rescuer of TV fame :) Apparently kids at her age start having nightmares which they generally don't remember in the morning. Sure enough... she woke again tonight ...this time there was something about a 'boo boo on her foot'...

Meanwhile, our little man figured out the coordination to bring his hands together in a clap this week - this is a pretty big deal when you're 11 months old. He's fairly proud of himself and like to make Mummy and Daddy clap their hands too.

1 comment:

  1. Using the Brenneman blog to wish K a belated birthday. I am told that email is not hip anymore so am trying a blog comment.

    ReplyDelete