Friday, August 13, 2010

Anna's 4th Birthday

Anna celebrated her 4th Birthday on July 27 and being a Tuesday we decided to do something special in the evening after work/daycare by having our first full family outing to the cinema!  Anna had only been to the movies once before (to watch The Princess and the Frog) and it was James' first time so we set our expectations low thinking there may be an early exit.  But thanks to Woody and Buzz Lightyear (Toy Story 3) the kids were mesmerized and sat through the entire film!   Chris and I were thrilled and it was so fun to visit the cinema as a family.

The following Saturday we hosted a Mermaid Party for Anna and 4 special friends.  She got to invite as many friends as she was turning in age and we were so happy to have Marielle and Harper B. join us, as well as Michaela and Harper D.
Following are some shots from the birthday party fun:
The beautiful birthday girl
 We got things going with some splash time...
Then the girls decorated the Treasure Chest
While the adults chilled out
Anna made sure she had her cast signed by Michaela
Then the girls got on their special mermaid tails!
Luckily Buzz Lightyear was on hand to protect the mermaids

















 Then the highlight for the kids...Chris pulled together an amazing treasure hunt, complete with special rhyming clues on aged paper!
The kids were thrilled!
Chris had them mesmerized every step of the way!
Cake time!!! I made Anna a special Starfish cake with Belgian Seashell Chocolates
Some more outside fun...
A princess in distress ;-)
And a happy princess :)
Ryan, Michaela's brother looking cute
Relaxing on our new deck
Opening presents...
And finally showing off some of her new presents.
Gorgeous new bathers...
And a cool surfboard that Harper and Ellie made!  She looks like such a surfie-chick!
James trying out his surfboard :)
He's so smooth he can snooze while surfing!
And a proud daddy


1 comment:

  1. I love the pictures. I especially like that Harper is blowing out Anna's candles. I also like the picture of all the adults. There are some awesome faces going on, Chris is giving Sarah and dirty look and I'm apparently trying to get food out of my mouth. It was a fun party. Great work.

    -Vivian

    ReplyDelete