Friday, April 8, 2011

Disney World - Day 1

The last time Chris and I were at Disney I was pregnant with Anna and Blair & Suzi were also with us during one of their visits to the US.   We were super pumped to get back to Disney World with them, and this time with our two little monkeys in tow!  Such a fun experience with little ones!

James made sure he was clear on the safely procedures on the flight

A little bit of Angry Birds and chocolate chip cookie to keep the kids occupied on the plane

The excitement began on the Magical Express (bus ride from the Airport to the Disney World Resort)
 We started out our first full day at the Animal Kingdom.  After a ride on "Everest" I thought I was going to die (am not a fan of roller-coasters at all), I was shaking like a leaf...which Blair and Suzi thought was hilarious.  We went on to have an amazing morning, the highlight being the Safari ride.
Blair and Sue looking cute in front of the Tree of Life

As you can see, we were super lucky as the week we were there the crowds were not bad at all.  We hardly had to wait in line at any of the rides, even some of the most popular ones.

Looking out for Wildebeest...

Beautiful giraffe

A very lady-like pose

Flamingos!

James eying the Gorilla

The "Finding Nemo" puppet show

James had bit of a rough time during our stay

The highlight for Anna - and possibly the best way to see as many princesses as possible, the Princess Lunch at Epcot.  Here she is getting her first of many cuddles, here from beautiful Belle

Cinderella

Snow White

Meanwhile Daddy and James are cuddling...James wouldn't have anything to do with the princesses even though they wanted to give him cuddles

Jazmine

Randomly...Mary Poppins...still not quite sure why she was at a "princess" lunch

What can I say?

Enjoying a beer while listening to the Japanese drummers

Peek-a-boo!

Chris getting in on the photo-op

Basking in the sun....

...and the fun!

Checking out the headgear

Look how cute I am!

Since Sleeping Beauty didn't make an appearance at the Princess Lunch Blair went on a mission to track her down so Anne would get to see her favorite princess! 

Peek-a-boo again!

Blair surrounded by the ladies!

Anna with her "photo smile"

And the Disney-perfect way to end our first day...fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment