I have to admit, I'd been planning Chris' 40th Birthday for some time before the big event. With a once-in-a-lifetime date 11-11-11 to celebrate, it had to be something special!
We were lucky to have my sister Ines, and my girlfriend Lynette visiting us from Perth, Australia to help in the festivities. The morning of his birthday the ladies helped me set up for the birthday present surprise. Chris had been on to me with one of my original plans, so I was thrilled that I pulled off the new mountain bike (Yeti SB-66) surprise without a hitch! Chris' reaction was exactly what I'd hoped for!
Anna had written Chris a special book for his birthday which she was proud to show him...
| Anna hugging Daddy in his race-suit |
| Curt getting his race-face on |
| Looking good! |
| The kids enjoyed watching the men race |
| Reviewing the results of the first run |
| All looking very serious |
| James making sure Daddy's results are acceptable |
| Meanwhile Anna is checking the helmets for safety compliance |
| And off for the second race... |
| Marc ready to roll! |
As I headed off to pick Trevor up from the airport, Chris took his new mountain bike out for its first ride.
| Trevor showing James the wonders of his new smart-phone |
| and sharing some pistachios with Anna. |
| Lynette, Viv and Ines looking lovely |
| Do you think I made enough Tonkatsu? |
| Anna and James helping Daddy blow out the birthday cake candles. |
Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, especially the birthday boy!!! xoxo
ReplyDelete